- As of when are you writing? Answer
I have been writing since I was young; I always knew that’s what I want to do! Obviously it wasn’t easy getting published, so I started out with self-publishing. Luckily I was quite successful and I attracted a lot of readers; then publishers started showing interest as well. I must thank one person in particular for removing a few of my doubts: my friend and fantasy author W.J. Maryson, best known for his Unmagician books, who opened doors for me to the international publishing world. Sadly, Maryson passed away in 2011.
- When is your birthday? Answer
January 5th, 1967
- Where do you live? Answer
I live in The Netherlands, in a place called Venray, with my wife and 2 kids.
- How do you write? Answer
(bijv. De tijd dat je schrijft, welke muziek, autorit)
- Where do you get your ideas? Answer
— vertel —
On some of the book pages on this website, you’ll find a header called ‘Inspiration’, where I tell about how my idea got a story.
- Can you tell me more about yourself? Answer
- Do you write as a pseudonym too? Answer
I write (Dutch only) non-fiction stories in my own name, Ron Puyn. The fiction I write as Jack Lance. The non-fiction is also available in the shop
- Are your stories been made into a movie? Answer
- Are your stories made into audio, so I could listen to them? Answer
- What is your favorite book from another author? Answer
–vertel-(eerder in fanclubinterview: Stephen King is mijn absolute favoriet, op de voet gevolgd door Dean Koontz. Maar er zijn ook andere, minder bekende, meesters in mysterie en horror. Denk aan Bentley Little, John Katzenbach of, nog onbekender, Christopher Pike. Auteurs die je fascinerende geheimen voorschotelen en je niet meer loslaten tot je het leesvoer dat ze je bieden helemaal, tot de laatste letter, in je opgenomen hebt. Stephen King is my absolute favorite, closely followed by Dean Koontz. But there are other, less famous masters in mystery and horror, like Bentley Little, John Katzenbach or the almost unknown Christopher Pike. Those are authors who can dish up fascinating ideas that wouldn’t let go of you untill you’ve read the whole book.
- Where can I find all books that are published in my country? Answer
Please look on this page
, all publishers and countries are in that list.
- Is there an order in what to read your books? Answer
All books can be read independently, and there is no order necessary for them.
- I have read all Jack Lance’s books already. When is a new one coming? Answer
- Zone is a trilogy, can I read that separate? And when are part II and II be published? Answer
The story is independent, so you can read that without problems. There are some leads in the story that will be answered in further parts.
- I want to buy a book, how can I do that? Answer
Please go to supsenseshop.com
where all my books are sold. We got Dutch books only. For my books in other languages please look to your bookshop or bookshops online.
- I want a book with an autograph, is that possible? Answer
Of course you can come to me when I have a signing event
somewhere and I will be happy to sign your book. Or, when you buy one at suspensehop.com I can sign it, or personalize it for you when you put that information on the ‘bijzonderheden’ on the order form.
- Is there a mailinglist I can subscribe on? Answer
Sometimes we send out a Newsletter
. We only send you an email when there is real news, like a date for a new book, or when I am signing somewhere. So, that’s like 2 times a year.
- I have a problem or question/ found an error Answer
- I want to be a writer to, can you help me? Answer
Unfortunately I don’t have time for that, but if you really want to be a writer you can ….
Read a lot, and learn. Then write, revise, start over, keep writing. Show it to some friends. Rewrite. Rewrite again. Take a course. Write. Join writer groups and when they all are positive, start looking for an editor and publisher. Good luck!
- Do you have a Facebook page? Answer
adres naar JL fb – als je dat wilt? Of alleen de comm.
Here is the Jack Lance Community Facebookpage
, where not only news about me is presented, but we also are paying attention to interesting articles and other books in the suspense category. I am very involved in the community.
- Is there a Jack Lance Fanclub? Answer
There is the Jack Lance Community (in Dutch only). The owner and I are in close contact, so all the information you find there is reliable, and I am very involved in the community.
- What is your email address? Answer
- … bedenk maar welke vragen je vaak gesteld krijgt en dan een antwoord erop 😊